Call Recording events
In Puzzel there are 2 ways of recording phone calls:
- Forced (aka "automatic")
- Forced on queue: All calls from a queue to agents are recorded
- Forced on agent/user group: All calls to an agent or all agents in a user group are recorded
- Pending on queue: Calls from a queue to agents are recorded only if the agent before hang-up/transfer clicked 'Save recording'
- Manually by agent (agent starts and stops recording for ongoing call).
The agent can only start a recording if this option is enabled, if the agent is the “active part” in the conversation (not a received consult call) and if a forced recording is not already running.
See more details about call recording here.
Consult call vs call transfer
- When agent 1 makes a consult call to agent 2, we do not start a (new) recording even if recording is forced on agent 2.
- When agent 1 transfers a call to agent 2, we start a new recording on agent 2 if recording is forced on agent 2 (or if agent 2 clicks Start Recording)
Forced recording vs manually started
- For forced recording, the Recording event starts when the speaktime in the conversation event starts (=Finish minus Speaktime)
- For Recordings started manually, the recording event starts after the speaktime starts, and it ends before or when the speaktime ends.
Example 1: Transfer
- Agent 1 manually starts recording and then transfers:
Recording event 1 is from the agent clicks Start Recording until Transfer is clicked (T2-T3)
- Recording is forced on agent2:
Recording event 2 is from where agent 2 answers until call end (=T4-T5)
Example 2: Consult
- Recording is forced on queue or forced on agent 1: Puzzel records as long as agent 1 is connected and is the “active” part (T1-T5)
- Recording is forced on agent2: No new recording since agent 2 is never the “active” agent
Example 3: Consult and transfer
- Recording is forced on queue or agent 1: Recording event 1 is as long as agent 1 is the “active” agent (T1-T4)
- Recording is forced on agent 2: Recording event 2 is from where agent 2 is the “active” agent until call end (=T4-T5)
Caller accepting/denying recording
If your Puzzel solution has a menu asking the caller to dial 1 to accept recording or dial 1 to deny recording, you might experience that some calls are not recorded even if forced recording is configured on the queue/agent. To see how many callers that accepted or denied recording, look for call_ids with the relevant DTMF value in the relevant menu.