No answer, Transfer, Outgoing calls and Call-back
Calls to agents that are engaged/busy or don't answer
The goal of the Puzzel solution is to efficiently connect callers with agents. If the first ready agent Puzzel calls to is engaged/busy (due to incoming/outgoing call not through Puzzel), the Puzzel solution will automatically call the next ready agent. The caller will be unaware of this. The agent that was engaged/busy will not get the call registered as offered in his/her statistics.
If there is no answer from the first attempted ready agent (ringing, but no answer within a predefined number of seconds), the Puzzel solution will automatically call the next ready agent. If the next agent answers, the incoming call has been answered. This is reflected at the Overview- and Queue-level. The agent that initially did not answer will have the call reported as offered but not as an answered call.
Call transfer and consultation call
Puzzel Call transfer service
Puzzel agents must use the Puzzel interface when they want to transfer a call or make a consult call in order to have the call correctly reported in the statistics, and to be given status Wrap-up and then Ready when the call is transferred. When agent 1 consults with agent 2 and/or transfers the call to agent 2 using Puzzel, both agents will have the call correctly reported.
Other call transfer services
If a Puzzel agent transfers a call using the phones call transfer function, Puzzel will not notice that the call has been transferred (no signals are sent from the phone/PBX to the Puzzel solution), and this transfer is not reflected in the Puzzel statistics. Instead, the agent that transferred the call will be credited with speaking time until the conversation between the caller and the agent he/she was transferred to is finished. In addition, the agent that transferred will not be given Ready status until the caller finally hangs up.
Call-back in queue
In some Puzzel solutions callers may have the opportunity to order a Call-back in Queue. The caller dials or confirms the number that he/she wants to be called back on. When the caller that ordered call-back is first in queue, the standard solution is that Puzzel first calls an agent, and when agent has answered the one that ordered call-back is called. If the person that ordered the call-back does not answer or is engaged when Puzzel calls this number, this person's queue ticket is placed at the back of the queue again, but only if there are more call attempts left (Callback can have 1, 2 or 3 attempts configured).
The handling of Call-back in queue in the statistics:
At Overview level
- An incoming call is reported as answered only if the caller and an agent are connected (on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd attempt).
- Waiting time for an answered incoming call is reported from when the caller entered the first queue until the first agent answered, even if the one that ordered call-back answered on the 2nd or the 3rd attempt.
- An incoming call's Speaking time is the speaking time spent by the agent(s).
At Queue level:
- In report Details per queue a caller that has ordered call-back is counted in column Total calls and in column Call-back requests. This caller is also reported as answered if the call-back is answered within 2 hours (see chapter About time frames, periods and data storage.)
- Callers that ordered Call-back are not included in columns Answered within N seconds or in Average queue-time for answered nor in Longest queue-time for answered.
- There are several optional columns that gives more information about callbacks, e.g. Callbacks ordered within SLA, Answer% within SLA excl. hang-up before SLA, and Answered, callback or hang-up within SLA.
At Agent level:
- All calls from the Puzzel solution to agents are counted, whether the caller is holding the line or not. Since Puzzel usually calls the agent first and then calls the one that ordered call-back, the agent must hold the line while waiting for the customer to answer the call-back. There are 3 possible outcomes:
- The person (number) called answers. The agent's Speaking time will be ~20 sec longer than a regular call.
- The person (number) called does not answer. The agent's Speaking time will be ~30 sec (Timeout or the agent hangs up)
- The person (number) called is busy. The agent's Speaking time will be ~2-5 sec.
A call-back answered within 2 hours after it was ordered is counted as answered in the same 15-minute time period as it was ordered. A call-back not answered within 2 hours after it was ordered, will not be registered as answered unless statistics are re-generated every night.
1) Callback to another queue
If a caller in queue 1 is offered callback and the the callback order is placed in queue 2, this results in a new call_id/a new new Incoming call being created, and this of course affects statistics.
In Details per queue,
- for queue 1 we will show this as 1 Incoming call, 1 Total calls, 0 Callbacks ordered, 1 Exiting queue and 0 answered.
- for queue 2 we will show this as 1 Incoming call, 1 Total calls, 1 Callbacks ordered, 0 Exiting queue and 1 or 0 Answered callbacks.
2) Call caller first
If the callback in queue is set up to call the caller first and then call agent, this means that the caller is called when he/she is first in queue, and when caller has answered, then the first ready agent is called. For such a callback, the waiting time will be calculated 0, which means that the optional column Longest queue-time for answered call-backs will be 0, and the optional column Avg. time in queue for answered incl. call-backs will be too low. Since it may take several minutes from the caller has answered the callback call until an agent actually becomes ready (especially with long AHT and few agents), we do not recommend this type of callback.
Outgoing calls from Puzzel
When the Puzzel agent enters a destination number and clicks 'Call' in the Puzzel Agent Application, Puzzel first calls the agent and then the destination number. There are three possible outcomes when calling a destination number (Busy/Error, No-answer or Answer), so the call to the agent will have a very short speak time if the destination number does not answer. This is reflected in the statistics reports on Agent level (similar to Call-back in queue).