Creating and editing users
Settings->General -> Users in the top menu has three options:
- New User
An Agent will need a User account for accessing Puzzel Ticketing. The User details include:
- Email Address
- Real Name
- System Role
New Users can be created individually from the New User option under the Settings->General->Users or by selecting the button on the Users settings page[Settings->General->Users->Active].
Give the User a suitable Username. Recommended format is: [first initial].last name as a best practice. John Doe would have the username “j.doe” as an example.
Enter the email address for this User. The Email address is used for some export options and to allow the agent to reset their password if they have forgotten it.
If the agent doesn’t have their own email address, a dummy email address can be entered. E.g. “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Provide the Full Name of the User and enter a password.
- be at least 8 characters long
- contain at least 1 UPPERCASE character
- contain at least 1 lowercase character
- contain at least 1 number
User preferences can also be set:
- Open Tickets in a new tab: when set will open the tickets in new tab instead of a new Window.
- Collect new Ticket on sending a reply: automatically provides the User with next ticket once he has replied for an existing Ticket.
A User Signature can be added. This will be used only when replying to Email Tickets. This signature is ordered before any Email Channel Signatures that may be present.
The Teams to which a User should be a member of can also be set here. Alternatively, this can be set under the Teams settings.
Additional User options can also be set as stated below:
- Works from home : This allows User to access Puzzel ticketing without being locked to the security allowed IP.
- Do not assign tickets to this user : Prevents any Tickets being assigned or collected by this User.
- Off work until next login : Should be used if this User is on leave. A delegate User can be set to ensure any ongoing Tickets aren’t missed or ignored until the user returns.
Finally, the User’s permissions can also be set here. A pre-defined System Role such as Admin, Supervisor or basic can be created, or a Custom role can be set for the User to give them a specific set of Permissions and Access. Selecting the User Level will set the permissions to those set in System Roles even when these are updated.
Custom levels are unique to the User and gives the ability to have granular permissions across different users.
Users can also be created in bulk using the “Import from CSV” option as shown in the picture above.
Suspended Users are not included in user limits calculations. Where a User is Suspended, Open or Pending Tickets assigned to them are automatically returned to the Team. Resolved Tickets against him remains unchanged.
A Suspended User can be Reactivated by pressing the button against their name.