Category and section
A category is a broad top-level grouping of articles and can have one or more subcategory called sections under it. Grouping the articles into categories will help reduce complexity of the layout and favors consumption of information more effectively.
Each article in the Knowledgebase can belong to one or more categories but as a rule must belong to at least one category/section for it to be saved. Similarly, an article can belong to one or more sections from same or different categories.
To create a new category:
- Click on the Edit menu option at the top of the left panel
- Enter the category name in the empty box provided at the bottom and click on Add Category button below it. You will now see a new category appended to the list.
- Click on Exit editing at the top of the left panel to confirm the changes.
To rename or edit the category name:
- Click on the edit icon (shown below) to the left of the category name.
- Enter a new category name.
- Click on Rename to save the changes
To delete a category, click the icon (shown below) to the left of the category name.
You will be asked for confirmation before deleting it.