Group numbers (aka Unblockable agent) and the Create New Group number link are shown on page Users - Users in the Administration Portal only for users that have the Administration property Show Group numbers ('Unblockable agents') set to ON. Please do not start using a Group number (aka unblockable agent) before you know how it works!
1. Click Create New Group Number to start creating a new group number.
This page opens:
The input fields :
- Group number name: The name of the group number (max 34 characters)
- Telephone number: The phone number Puzzel should call
- Number of lines: The max. number of concurrent calls that will be connected by Puzzel to the group number. Calls exceeding this amount are queued in Puzzel
- Password/confirm password: Password is needed since you need to sign in to the agent application with the Group number name as username and the password, and then logon to queue once, so that this Group number appears as an agent on the relevant queue's Agent details page, so that administrators later can click logon and logoff for this the Group number.
- Language: Will be the users language in Puzzel
A group number usually belongs to your telephone platform (e.g. PBX). By using a group number you can have more callers queued than the lines on your PBX system. Calls are not queued in Puzzel before all the telephone lines in your platform are in use. A group number must be logged on to queue using the agent application or the Administration portal.
2. Once the Group number is created, you need to create one Group number profile for it. Such a profile should contain "Phone" and the relevant queue's skill.
Both ordinary agents and a group number (with several lines) can answer the same queue.
If the agents behind the group number is transferring Puzzel calls, Puzzel will not notice that the agent (the group number line) has become ready until the transferred call ends.
Therefore, to avoid the combination of ready agents and callers in queue, more group number lines could be defined than the planned number of real agents behind the Group number.
Example: With 10 agents behind the group number, 15-20 lines could be defined in Puzzel. If you are not certain how group numbers work, we encourage you to contact Puzzel support to help you out in creating one.
A Group number is not listed on page Users - Users unless Puzzel Support has turned on the admin property Show unblockable users.
If Group numbers are shown, they are listed with an icon in front.
3. Once a Group number with a profile is created, you need to sign in to the agent application with the Group number name as username and the defined password, and then click Logon to queue (with the profile and correct phone number), and then log off again. When this is done, this Group number will appear as an agent on the relevant queue's Agent details page (under Real-time - Queue overview). When you later need to send calls to this Group number, any administrator can from page Real-time - Queue overview - Agent details click logon and logoff for this the Group number.
Please note that if you change an already saved Group number name, you will not be able to sign in to the agent application with the new name as username, so make sure you do this initial sign in and logon to queue once you have created the new Group number.